On this episode of the Dream without Limits podcast, we are talking to Marlene Srdic, from Glitz & Grammar.
Marlene Srdic is the founder of Glitz & Grammar; she is a magazine editor and a freelance journalist who works with lifestyle brands to help them create copy that makes their audiences tick.
Prior to starting her own business, Marlene Srdic was an associate editor for 4 and a half years for one of Arizona’s biggest magazines. However after the financial downturn, Marlene started her own business, helping small businesses with their copy to attract more customers.
In this episode of the podcast, we talk with Marlene about the benefits of blogging for your business, and learnt that blogging can help small businesses and business owners:
- Establish credibility and expertise
- Create a connection with their audience
- Use blogging for better SEO
- Bring in more business and clients
We also established:
- How to use choose content for your blog
- Why keyword research does not need to be a daunting experience
- Strategies to implement a successful blog
- How to structure a good blog post
As well and uncovering the vast benefits of blogging for business, we also spoke with Marlene to understand the benefits and how to’s of writing effective copy, how to understand who your ideal client is and write to ensure that you are serving their needs.
Listen to this episode of the Dream without limits podcast to also understand:
- How to get your copy to get people to take action
- How to use call to actions on your website
- How to improve your copy skills as a solopreneur
- What an editorial calendar is, and how to use one effectively in your business
- How to combine your editorial calendar with your marketing calendar, to maximise your efforts
- How much content to create for your blog for optimal results
Don’t compare your start with someone else’s middle or end – Marlene Srdic
Marlene’s favourite business / personal development book
Magic Lessons by Elizabeth Gilbert
The Untethered Soul by Michael A. Singer
You can contact Marlene here: